Type of contract: Half-time, temporary position with possibility for extension
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Reporting to: Executive Director
Start date: As soon as possible
The European AIDS Treatment Group is looking for a part-time Financial Assistant, starting as soon as possible.
This is a temporary position (4 months) with possible extension.
Working closely with the Financial Manager, the Financial Assistant will support the day to day financial tasks as set below.
Main duties and responsibilities
Working closely with the Financial Manager, the Financial Assistant will:
- support the creation of financial reports and contracts,
- ensure legal requirements compliance and
- accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our organisation,
- as well as other financial tasks as allocated.
Qualifications and requirements
Candidates for this position should have:
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Experience with German accountancy software DATEV Rechnungswesen
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Experience in preparing contracts
- Good German language skills in a financial environment
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Experience with analytical cost centres
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets
- Proven ability to understand, calculate, and manage accounting figures and financial records
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Organised and pro-active person
- Experience with working remotely and with digital accounting
- Knowledge of German fiscal regulations
- Experience in financial reporting for EU projects
- Experience in IPSASB reporting
The European AIDS Treatment Group (EATG) is a non for profit European network of nationally-based volunteer activists comprised of more than 175 members from 47 countries in Europe. The position requires regular travel and weekend work (mainly within Europe). Place of work is Brussels, Belgium, with remote working.
If you want to apply for this position, please send your motivation letter with references and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 October 2018, 10 AM CET. For more information please contact Nikos.email@example.com