Type of contract: Full-time, permanent contract
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Reporting to: Board of Directors
Start date: As soon as possible in the range of October-December 2018
The European AIDS Treatment Group is looking for an Executive Director (ED).
Reporting to the EATG Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for implementing the strategic plan; executing board decisions and providing leadership and management to achieve EATG’s mission.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Executive Director ensures that there is structured and coordinated administration, financial management and integrated processes for the effective, efficient implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all projects and initiatives. This is in line with the goals and objectives as set by the membership at the General Assembly and requires an advanced understanding of complex processes, including conflict resolution skills, diplomacy and firmness.
The ED acts as liaison between the membership, the secretariat and the Board of Directors. The ED is responsible for the daily functioning and management of the organisation including the performance of the following tasks:
Organisation & representation
- To lead the development and implementation of the strategy and annual work-plan in collaboration with the secretariat, the membership and the board in order to achieve the strategic objectives.
- To monitor the functioning of the organisation in line with German legislation.
- To coordinate the development and management of projects; to support initiatives for fundraising and establish/maintain relationships with funders and donors.
- To represent and manage relationships with a range of local, national and international stakeholders, including civil society, funders, institutions and researchers.
- To report achievements to the Board of Directors and the membership (e.g. at the annual General Assembly).
- To lead the secretariat in line with Belgian legislation and to monitor the daily and regular functioning of the secretariat by creating and ensuring a functional, enabling environment.
- To lead on the recruitment, contracting and appraisals including supervision of staff and consultants.
- To oversee the successful management of the finances and budgets in collaboration with the Financial Manager in line with legislation including
- To develop budgets,
- To work within approved budget lines,
- To develop a fundraising strategy in conjunction with the Board of Directors and
- To oversee the development of funding applications.
Qualifications and requirements
Candidates for this position should have:
- 3-5 years of demonstrated successful experience of senior management, HR and leadership, preferably in a NGO environment
- A collaborative management approach with the ability to motivate and coordinate the work of the EATG, across the WHO region
- Be fluent in English; knowledge of German, French or Russian is an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of HIV (specifically knowledge of HIV within the social and political European context, co-infections, human rights and key populations)
- Demonstrated successful experience in collaborative project management and fundraising
The European AIDS Treatment Group (EATG) is a non for profit European network of nationally-based volunteer activists comprised of more than 175 members from 47 countries in Europe. The position requires regular travel and weekend work (mainly within Europe). Place of work is Brussels, Belgium, with remote working.
If you want to apply for this position, please send your motivation letter with references and CV to email@example.com by 2 October 2018, 10 AM CET. For more information please contact Nikos.firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download this recruitment advert here